Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Vegas!, and a Dissertation Update

Greetings from sunny Las Vegas!  Savannah and I flew out here yesterday to meet up with Gail, Jason's mom, for a week of relaxation and pool time.  Las Vegas might not be the most obvious choice for a vacation with a three year old, but so far it's been pretty perfect.
We had a good flight...which began with playtime at SFO's terminal 2.

Amazing views from the plane!



We're staying at a great resort (the Tahiti Village), and it has a HUGE pool, plus a super long lazy river.  We spent four hours at the pool this morning....Savannah is in heaven.  There is a beach area for her to build sand castles, as well as lots of shallow areas for her to play more independently.  This afternoon, we're headed to Mandalay Bay to check out the shark reef, and the Excalibur to see the knights and jousting!

And, to make things even better, I'm getting some dissertating done, too.  Since my last update, I've submitted chapter 3 to my advisor (woohoo!), and have written 6,000 words for chapter 4 (approximately 24 pages, about halfway through the chapter).  I'm very much on track to finish this chapter by the end of the month, which will mean I'm on still on schedule to finish the full draft by end of semester.  All very exciting :)

I'll update the blog with more pictures as I take them....I disconnected form phone/camera/everything this morning, and it was amazing....

Love you all,
Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment