Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Moments

Today is a pretty big day.  I'm headed back into the classroom--it's not actually the first day of school, but BASIS (my new place of employment) offers incoming students classes on organization and time management the week before starting class.  So, I'm off today to teach 90+ 6th and 7th graders how to be organized!  Before I do that, though, I thought I'd share some photos from the last few weeks of summer.  I feel like my summer is more or less over now (so early!), so it's a good time to share :)

We got the hand controls installed in the new car, so Jason is able to drive it now.


I went to Arizona for a week...it was crazy hot and there were all sorts of desert critters there that I would have preferred not to meet :)  LOVED meeting all my new colleagues, though.  BASIS Silicon Valley is going to be pretty awesome.

My casita for the week (yay for Hilton Honors points!)

Desert sunset

Savannah and I took a day to go to Berkeley and the Oakland Zoo





Heading out for the Fremont Festival of the Arts



Climbing at a friend's birthday party

This girl is fearless!

Lots of bubbles at the party...here is Sav inside of a bubble!



Trip to Sacramento (we took Nick to and from orientation at UC Davis); this was the view from our room...not too bad.

Savannah loved the window seat




Old Town Sacramento


Quick stop in the Jelly Belly factory on the way back home

I hope you are all enjoying the last bits of summer.  

Love you all,
Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment