Friday, December 6, 2013

Conversations with Savannah

Some conversations with my girl...mainly because I don't want to forget these :)

A few days before Thanksgiving...

A: Savannah, Thanksgiving is coming up soon.  Do you know what this is?
S: No
A: It's a time when we take time to think about what we are thankful for--which means thinking about things that make us happy.
S: Do we get presents?
A: No, no presents.
S: Oh.
A: What are you thankful for, Savannah?
S: I'm thankful for Santa Claus.  He brings me presents.

After receiving three cookies, that she was supposed to share with me and J:

S: Mommy, do I have to share these with you?
A: Well, if you eat those three cookies, you'll have to agree to go to bed when we get home without giving mommy and daddy any problems.  Is that a good deal?
S: Yes.
[After arriving at house]
A: Ok, remember our deal?  You need to go get ready for bed.
S: Missy [ETA: yes, she called me missy?!], you said if I ate all three cookies I would have to go to bed, but I didn't eat all three (at which point, she hands me half a cookie and some crumbs), so I don't have to go to bed. [Ahh, the feeling of being outsmarted by your three year old is a good one]

While snuggling on the couch...

S: Mommy, when I was a baby, I was in your belly.
A: Yes, you were.
S: And then, I knock, knock, knocked on your belly and you let me out, and I was born in the big building.
A: That's not how I remember it.






No comments:

Post a Comment